We believe in an imaginative and carefully balanced curriculum which aims to develop the intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual aspects of the child, so that they may become independent, responsible, useful, thinking, confident and considerate members of the community.
We also recognise the important role which parents play in their children's education and make every effort to encourage parental involvement. Every child is supported to achieve their best in whatever field, whether it is academic, art, sport, music, or drama. As a school we take note of the National Curriculum but syllabi often extend beyond it. Each subject is structured to ensure progression in competence and understanding and to allow the child to grow in self confidence.
Our aim is to provide the children with the best material that civilisation and culture can offer: this includes the music of Mozart, the language of Shakespeare, the art of Leonardo, the architecture of Chartres, the teachings of Jesus and the great epics: Mahabharata, Ramayana, Odyssey. Their beauty and intelligence satisfy pupils emotionally and enable them to develop their own creative powers.
We aim to provide an environment in which each child can
Delight in the love of learning; learn to be adaptable; solve problems in different situations; work independently and as part of a team; develop an enquiring mind
- Develop a belief in their own talents; be enthusiastic and eager to put their best into all activities
- Show confidence in their creative powers; communicate their knowledge and feelings through various art forms including art/craft, music and drama
- Gain physical strength, confidence and agility in and through movement; know how to apply the basic principles of health, hygiene and safety
- Grow in awareness and thoughtfulness; care for and take pride in their school; behave in a dignified and acceptable way and learn to become responsible for their actions; understand moral values, such as honesty, sincerity, truthfulness, on which to base their own behaviour
- Value friendships; develop tolerance, respect and appreciation for the feelings and capabilities of others
- Appreciate stillness; be happy, cheerful and well balanced.