PLEASE NOTE: THE BUS ROUTES BELOW MAY HAVE CHANGED. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION.
1. The Blue Route (14.1 miles, 55 mins): from Olympia with stops at Hammersmith, Hogarth roundabout (Chiswick House) and Gillette Corner (A4),
2. The Green Route (13.3 miles, 45 mins): from Barnes with stops in Sheen and Richmond,
3. The Yellow Route (14 miles, 60 mins): from New Malden with stops in Kingston, East and West Molesey,
4. The Orange Route (11 miles, 45 mins): from Hanwell with stops in Brentford, Isleworth and Hounslow,
5. The Red Route (7.4 miles, 40 mins): from Teddington High Street with stops at Popes Villa, Heath Rd and A305 with Sixth Cross Rd.
The cost of the bus service is a maximum of £5 per day for a return trip. This cost will be added to the fees.
Click on the map for a larger high quality PDF.
The following buses stop outside the school:
216, 400, 555, 556 and 557
Ashford station is a 3-5 minute walk from the school.
For your information the westbound trains to Ashford arrive at 8.08am and some at 8.03am. Trains usually run every half hour. Train times are: from Twickenham (10 mins), from Richmond (14 mins), Vauxhall (31 mins, 07.32 - 08.03) and from Waterloo (35 mins, 07.28 – 08.03). Eastbound trains after school depart from Ashford at 16.11 and 16.41pm.
The service is quick and efficient, allowing boys to travel from many surrounding areas including Windsor, Chiswick, Virginia Water, Richmond and Isleworth.
To check the times from you areas enter your journey into the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner.
School Coaches in detail
The blue route will run from the Girls and Junior Schools in Olympia to the new site in Ashford.
Journey details: Distance: ≈14.1 miles: Time: ≈55 minutes (including stops):
Route: Departing Earsby Street at 07.15, arriving in Ashford at around 08.10. Return journey at 16.15 arriving Olympia at 17.10.
1. Hammersmith Rd
2. A4 until A30, London Rd
3. Left onto B378 Stanwell Rd
Stops: Hammersmith, Hogarth roundabout (Chiswick House), Gillette Corner top
The green route departs from Barnes Pond, passing through Sheen and Richmond.
Journey details: Distance: ≈13.3 miles: Time: ≈45 minutes (including stops):
Route: Departing Barnes pond at 07.15am, arriving in Ashford at around 08.10. Return journey 16:15, arriving in Barnes at 17:00.
1. Barnes Pond to Upper Richmond Rd
2. Right onto Clifford Avenue, left onto A316
3. Continue on A316 to A308, Staines Rd West
4. Right onto B378 to Ashford
Recommended Stops Upper Richmond Rd at Connaught Ave, Sainsbury Richmond, Richmond Circus top
The yellow route will depart from New Malden, travelling through Kingston upon Thames, East Molesey, West Molesey and Walton on Thames before arriving at Ashford.
Journey details: Distance: ≈14 miles: Time: ≈60 minutes: Suggested vehicle: Mini Bus
Route: Departing New Malden Station at 07.10 and arriving in Ashford at 08.10, return 16.15–17.15
1. South on High St, turn right onto A2043
2. At end turn left onto A308, Old London Rd
3. Through Kingston and across Kingston Bridge
4. Left onto A308, Hampton Ct Rd
5. Cross Hampton Ct Bridge, turn right onto A3050, Hurst Rd
6. At Walton turn right onto A244
7. Turn left onto A308 Staines Rd West
8. Turn left onto B378 to Ashford
Recommended stops: Due to the nature of this route and the relatively small number of potential users, pick up points can be organised with individual users in the short term. top
The orange route will depart from Hanwell Rail Station, travelling South East to Brentford, travelling through Isleworth, Hounslow and Bedfont.
Journey details: Distance: ≈11 miles: Time: ≈45 minutes: Suggested vehicle: Mini Bus
Route: Departing Hanwell Rail Station at 07.25 and arriving in Ashford at 08.10. The return journey, leaving Ashford at 16.15 will arrive at Hanwell at 17.00.
1. From Hanwell Station, south on Church Rd
2. South on A3002, Boston Rd
3. At Brentford turn right onto A315 London Rd
4. Through Hounslow, continue on A315, Staines Rd
5. At Clockhouse roundabout turn onto A30, London Rd
6. Turn left at B378, Stanwell Rd
Recommended stops: As with the Green route, the relatively small number of potential users allows for pick up points to be organised with individual users in the short term. A smaller vehicle can facilitate this. top
The red route will depart from Teddington High Street, traveling north to Cross Deep and then along Heath Rd.
Time, approx 40 mins
Recommended stops: Pope’s Villa, Heath Rd, Staines Rd with Sixth Cross Rd
Possible future routes
Possible future routes