The fully computerised Library has some excellent resources:
- an extensive range of fiction to satisfy our avid readers
- an expanding non-fiction section to fully support the curriculum and the needs of all our pupils
- a selection of suitable DVDs, including foreign films with subtitles
- Books on CD, to encourage pupils of all abilities to read
- Daily newspapers and various periodicals are kept in the Library for reference use
We also have an expanding Careers Library, which is available for the Sixth Form to use as part of their university preparation.
The Library is accessible at any time during the school day. Pupils are welcome to come in during break and lunchtimes to borrow and return books, use the computers or do private study.
Books can be borrowed for two weeks at a time; Lower and Upper School can borrow up to five books, and Sixth Form eight books. Books can be renewed twice, for a further two weeks each time, provided they have not been reserved by someone else. Reservations can be placed on books that are on loan.
Lower School classes also come into the Library once a week as part of their English lessons, giving them the opportunity to choose and read books, and develop their library skills.