If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart.’
Our multi-talented team offers French, German and Spanish in a series of Language Classrooms. We are a friendly and supportive team who wants the language learning experience to be a positive one for all students, whatever their ability and we are working hard to pass on our love of languages and the benefits of learning about other cultures and communicating with speakers of other languages. We in the MFL Department believe that learning a language is an important skill that all children should have and in this ever-shrinking world, a skill that is becoming essential in the workplace. Like learning a musical instrument, learning a language is an enriching experience that continues well after school.
5 Excellent Reasons Why One Should Continue Learning Languages
- Someone with a GCSE in a language has increased chances of employability. Many companies now reject any one without a language without so much as a second glance.
- Someone with a language qualification has 8% more earning power increasing to 20% for a bi-lingual secretary.
- Globalisation means that young people can expect to be managed by foreign businesses, work abroad or come into contact with foreigners as a part of their work.
- Learning a language is a skill rather like playing an instrument. It takes years of practice to get good at it and requires a lot of stickability but for those who do stick with it will bring an added dimension to your life and make you a much richer person
- Understanding another culture is an enriching and valuable experience.
English is not enough! Only 6% of the world’s population speak English. 94% don’t!